Last updated 03/15/2017
Paravion is seeking a Mechanical Engineer. The primary duties of this position include:
- Creation of new designs and their associated computer models and drawings
- Updates to existing designs and their associated models and drawings
- Analysis of new and existing designs to show compliance with FAA regulations
- Identification of possible suppliers
Candidates should have the minimum qualifications:
- B.S. in Mechanical / Aerospace Engineering
- 4+ years of experience in engineering related fields
- Knowledge of 14 CFR Parts 21, 23, and 27
- Experience working with parametric, 3D CAD systems, i.e. Autodesk Inventor, SolidWorks, etc.
- Experience working with 2D AutoCAD
- Experience using MathCAD for structural and aerodynamic analysis
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent English communications skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work as part of a small team
- Mechanically inclined
- Ability to creatively and cost effectively solve design problems
- Must be a self-starter with willingness to propose and solve design problems
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance after 60 days of employment.
- Eligible to participate in company-matching 401(k) retirement plan after 180 days of employment.
- Two weeks of planned absence time and one week of unplanned absence time.
- This is a full time (M-F, 8:00am – 5:00pm) position located at our Fort Collins, CO facility. Competitive compensation depending on experience.
Candidates can be expected to complete a pre-employment questionnaire and mechanical aptitude test.
For questions or to submit a resume, please send e-mail to email@example.com with “Mechanical Engineer” in the subject line.